The 2012 generation of Samsung Smart TVs deliver outstanding entertainment possibilities combining traditional broadcast television (but now in high definition digital), the Internet, on demand content services, “apps” (like your smartphone) such as Skype™, Facebook™, Twitter™ and games; not to mention videos, photos and music streamed from your compatible smart connected devices and lots more, all accessible through the TV screen from the comfort of your lounge1.
Some of our models are so smart you can even control them without a remote control! Selected Samsung Smart TVs come with the new Smart Interaction2 suite that use gesture and voice control to do things like changing the channel and volume or browsing the web, plus facial recognition that can quickly log you into your Samsung Smart Hub and social networking accounts.
Samsung’s vision of the future of Smart TV is delivered now in four ways: Smart Connectivity, Smart Interaction, Smart Content and Picture Quality – with the TV being the central screen of home entertainment for Australian families.
Now you can have access to your media in multiple locations with AllShareTM Play3, Samsung’s cloud-storage system for TV. AllShareTM Play enables you to push content to the cloud and then view it on compatible Samsung mobile devices.
With AllShareTM Play, you can now pause a movie and watch the rest of it on a Samsung tablet or smartphone during your commute or while sipping coffee at a café. AllShareTM Play will also be equipped with 5GB of free, online storage.
Say ‘Hi TV’ to turn on Voice Control, ‘Web Browser’ to get online, and then browse and select search results or increase the volume with grabbing or swiping hand gestures. Thanks to a built-in camera and dual-microphones on Samsung’s flagship line of 2012 Smart TVs (Slim LED ES8000, ES7500 and Plasma E8000), you are able to communicate with your Smart TV via Voice Control, Motion Control, and Face Recognition – providing an alternative to the remote control2.
Smart Content: Local content services and Samsung “Signature Services”
Music lovers, children, movie enthusiasts, and keen catch-up TV fans can now enjoy access to their favourite services with new on-demand services4 giving you access to a wide range of local and international content with new Smart TV apps, including:
Samsung has also launched new unique signature services that help redefine what the TV can do for you:
Samsung’s new powerful dual-core processor on Slim LED ES8000, ES7500, ES6800 and Plasma E8000 puts computing power in the TV, allowing you to use and download multiple apps while browsing the Web or watching live TV, providing a true multitasking experience.
Samsung’s line up of Full HD LED TVs7 offers exceptional picture quality. Whether you are viewing a detailed shot from a camera or seeing incredible 3D depth, images are breathtakingly real with detailed contrast.
Both the Samsung Series 8 and Series 7 Smart Slim LED TV series offer technologies that deliver clear images in both 2D and 3D. The Series 8’s Micro Dimming function helps to optimise the LED backlight and video signal for each frame at that point in time. This allows home entertainment enthusiasts to enjoy rich colours, bright pictures and high contrast ratios. The technology also helps minimise the "halo" effect and image distortion associated with diffused light.
Users will experience some of the deepest black levels ever achieved on a Samsung TV with the Series 8 Smart Plasma’s innovative Real Black Pro Panel. The new panel combines advancements in the structure of the plasma panel with software improvements, yielding deep blacks, bold colour, high contrast, and exceptional picture quality. This technological advancement improves black levels by 10 per cent compared to previous Samsung models, creating an incredible cinematic viewing experience.
The new 2012 range of Samsung Smart TVs is available now from your local electronics retailer.
1. Samsung Apps/ Web Browser: Samsung Apps and Web browsing available on TV models: ES8000, ES7500, ES6800, ES6700, ES6600, ES6200, ES5500, EH5306, EH4500, Plasma E8000 and Plasma E550. Some features may require additional peripheral devices which are sold separately. Certain advertised features, applications and services may not be available on all devices. Internet connection required. Data download and subscription charges may apply. Visit www.samsung.com.au for more information. Some Smart Hub features may not be available on all devices or in all territories.
2. Voice Control, Gesture Control and Face Recognition available on Slim LED ES8000, ES7500 and Plasma model E8000. Performance may vary depending on the language spoken and surrounding environment including ambient noise. Voice Control may not be available in all languages and dialects. Certain features may require Internet access. Use of the Samsung Smart Touch Remote Control is recommended for Voice Control. Face Recognition does not provide as high a level of security as logging in with an ID and password.
3. Samsung takes copyright seriously. Samsung's AllShare feature is intended only for private and domestic use by a person. Any other use of Samsung's AllShare feature may be contrary to the law, including copyright law. Samsung does not authorise, sanction, approve or countenance any use of its AllShare feature that infringes copyright or is otherwise contrary to law.
4. Internet connection required. Data download, usage and subscription charges may apply.
5. The Samsung Music Hub application must be downloaded and activated from Samsung Apps. Internet access is needed to access the Samsung Music Hub. Data charges and subscription prices may apply. See samsungmusichub.com.au for further details.
6. In-built camera only available on Slim LED ES8000, ES7500 and Plasma model E8000. All other models require the purchase of the Samsung TV camera sold separately.
7. Samsung LED TVs utilise LCD screens with LED edge-lights or back-lights