In today’s busy world it’s not always possible to sit and watch your favourite TV show when it broadcasts on TV. Well now you never need to miss your “screen time” with the new 3D Blu-ray PVR1 (Personal Video Recorder) products from Samsung.
A PVR is just like an old-school VCR but with one distinct difference – a PVR allows you to record in high definition so that your show can be viewed with the outstanding quality that comes with high definition TV – plus there are no more tapes to mess around with!
The Samsung PVR allows you to schedule and record your favourite shows for viewing at a later time, you can press record for instant recording of the show you are watching and you can even pause live TV if you need to duck away from your show for a short time.
The new models of Samsung Blu-ray PVR’s even come with twin digital tuners so it will allow you to record one program while watching another at the same time!
Now that’s Smart
But these models are a lot more than just a fancy digital VCR. Just like our new TVs, these models are also “Smart” delivering a selection of the Samsung Smart Hub2 functions and bringing them to your TV.
So if you’re not ready to make the investment to a fully-fledged Smart TV, you can take one of our Smart Blu-ray PVRs and attach it to your existing high definition TV to give it some added “smarts”. It’s a great way to instantly turn your older flat panel TV into an Internet-enabled model and take advantage of the wealth of content available on the Internet and across your home network and bring it to your TV screen.
Some of the possibilities include:
An added dimension of viewing
The new Samsung PVRs are also support 3D5 viewing, so if you have a 3D television you will be able to view the latest 3D Blu-ray discs in stunning full high definition. As an added bonus the new PVR’s also offer 2D to 3D conversion6 so you’ll be able to take any existing 2D content like your old DVDs and play them in 3D!
Samsung Blu-ray PVR models include
Samsung BD-D8500A 3D Blu-ray PVR which comes with twin tuners and a 500GB hard disc for recording up 56 hours of high definition TV
Samsung BD-D6900A 3D Blu-ray PVR this is a basic PVR model with single tuner and no onboard storage. You simply record to external storage that is connected to the USB port
1. For information on viewing in 3d mode go to www.samsung.com.au/tv. Samsung takes copyright seriously. Samsung's Personal Video Recorders are intended only for private and domestic use by a person to enable them to watch or listen to a television broadcast at a time more convenient than the time when the broadcast is made. Any other use of a Samsung Personal Video Recorder may be contrary to the law, including copyright law. Samsung does not authorise, sanction, approve or countenance any use of its Personal Video Recorders, or any other feature or any other product or service that infringes copyright or is otherwise contrary to law.
2. Due to the various capabilities of different Samsung products featuring Samsung's SmartHub and other content services, as well as limitations in the available content, certain advertised features, applications and services may not be available on all devices or in all territories. Some features on SmartHub may also require additional peripheral devices or additional fees that are sold separately, including internet connection fees. Please visit www.samsung.com.au/tv for more information on specific device information and content availability. The services and availability of content through SmartHub are subject to change from time to time and without notice.
3. Samsung takes copyright seriously. Samsung’s Allshare feature is intended only for private and domestic use by a person. Any other use of Samsung’s Allshare feature may be contrary to the law, including copyright law. Samsung does not authorise, sanction, approve or countenance any use of its AllShare feature that infringes copyright or is otherwise contrary to law.
4. Subscription charges may apply
5. For information on viewing in 3D mode go to www.samsung.com.au/tv
6. Requires a 3D TV and Samsung 3D glasses to output 2D to 3D.